Be a Presenter at the AROHE Conference Resource Exchange Fair:
What’s happening NOW to re-write life’s next chapter?
August 15, 3:15-5:00 PM
Are you seeing changes in how your retirees view retirement? Is your institution or retirement organization changing the ways you serve retirees and older employees? Does your research reveal this type of change?
YES? Then apply to share your innovative programs, services, data and policies at the AROHE Conference’s Resource Exchange Fair.
We’ll select innovative campus, community-based organizations and research efforts for presentation in an informal reception setting. Presenters will staff tables, talk with conference attendees, answer questions and provide resources.
We are interested in what HAS and has NOT worked for you and what you’ve learned so far.
We’re looking for participants with innovative programs or policies who are:
- Members of campus retirement organizations
- College and university administrators (Provost area, HR area, advancement, continuing education)
- Representatives of retirement-related community organizations focused on housing, health, or senior services
- Research focused on retirees of or retirement from higher education
Ideas for topics on emerging new directions:
- Campus policies that extend career trajectories for staff and faculty
- Career roles for seasoned staff or faculty to continue contributing to their institutions
- Visibility, recognition and value of 50+ staff, faculty and retirees to the campus
- Retire/re-hire options or volunteer engagement for retirees to serve the institution’s needs
- Ambassador retiree roles to serve college or university missions
- Campus cultures that actively integrate retirees
- Encore’ engagement of talented retirees for social impact in the community
- Intergenerational programs that engage retired staff, faculty (and alumni) in campus life and learning
- Innovative housing or other age-relevant models that re-write the next chapter
- Research data and implications for new higher education policies on retirement and later life work