AROHE memberships are available to campus-based retiree organizations in higher education, campus departments that serve retired faculty and staff, individuals who support retirees and businesses or organizations that wish to support AROHE and connect with its members. AROHE members:
- Network with retirees, retiree organizations and professionals from the higher education community.
- Exchange information and ideas with other retiree organizations departments that serve retirees.
- Help shape emerging retiree models and programs.
- Heighten the value of the retiree-institution-community connections.
- Mentoring for first-year members (for organizational members)
- Discussion forums
- Ongoing networking
AROHE members-only resources
- Searchable online member directory
- Best practices and models
- Resources and publications
- AROHE survey results
- AROHE biennial conference member discounts
- AROHE Start-Up Kit for new retiree organizations
Types of Membership
- Organizational Membership: a voting membership available to a campus-based retiree organization, campus department or other unit that is affiliated with an institution of higher education.
- Organizational memberships are "bundle" memberships. As the "bundle administrator," each organization can designate one primary contact and up to seven additional persons to receive AROHE communications and access the members-only web pages.
- The primary contact will be the organization's voting delegate.
- This category also includes an established retiree organization composed of multi-campus retirement leaders and/or start-up retiree organizations.
- Individual Membership: a voting membership available to those who have previously been part of an AROHE organizational member and wish to support AROHE and continue their connection with AROHE colleagues.
- Affiliate Membership: a non-voting membership (sponsorship) available to a business, nonprofit organization, and or other organization that may or may not be affiliated with an institution of higher education.
AROHE's membership year is July 1 - June 30. New members who join mid-year will pay a pro-rated amount which provides membership through July 1.
Organizational Members' dues are based on the annual budget of the organization or campus department:
- $100-small (organization/department budget, including salaries for paid staff, under $50,000)
- $250-mid-size (organization/department budget, including salaries for paid staff, between $50,000 & $100,000)
- $400-large (organization/department budget over $100,000)
Affiliate Members $500
Individual Members $50
How to join
It is simple to join AROHE. Just complete the online membership application. Once the application is submitted, you will have the option to pay online with a credit card or print your invoice and send it to AROHE with a check.
Memberships for paid by credit card will be activated immediately; memberships paid by check will be activated as soon as the check is received. Once your membership has been activated, you will receive an email with instructions for accessing the members-only web pages. You can log in anytime to update your profile information and preferences for AROHE communications and the online directory.